Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create an auto updating PDF from URL's with Java

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

hopefully I will be able to explain what I am trying to acheive correctley so I can get some help.

I am looking to see if it is possible to create a PDF with pages that automatically update (if there is a new version avaliable) via a URL.

Perhaps some context might help. I am an Urban Planner who works for Local Government and our regulations are avaliable on a State Government Website in pdf format. When there is a regulation change, the website is updated with the new pdf's. However, there are times when that website was down.

What I was hoping to do is create a pdf of the regulations to use off line but also have the PDF automatically download the new regulations to the pdf if the computer that it is opened on is connected to the internet.

Hopefully I have described this in a way that makes sense and there is someone who can help.

Many thanks

Dylan

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Info: Adobe Acrobat uses Javascript, not Java.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this file going to be used exclusively in Adobe Acrobat, or also in Adobe Reader (or other such applications)? If the latter, the answer is no. Even if used exclusively in Acrobat it's going to be very tricky to do it, and might require installing a script on the local machine of each user. Instead, you can provide links to the website and ask the user to check it manually...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines