• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create field driven calculation with exponents

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very, very new to JS: I want 2 fields in a PDF (Calc B & C) to auto-populate with calculated data based on another (Input A), or remain blank if there isn't any value.

My problem:

Input A = 10

Calc B = ((("Input A" * 1000)^(2/3))*10.1)/10000

Calc C = ((("Input A")^0.75) * 70) + 30

I've tried so many combinations of calculations and it either doesn't do anything or give me any number of syntax errors

I though that the entire field entered as:

((Math.pow(this.getField("Input A").value*1000, (2/3)))*10.1)/10000

would work but it doesn't do anything! Please help! Is there a way to create an empty "Calc B" if "Input A" is empty?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Add "event.value = " before your code, like this:

event.value = ((Math.pow(this.getField("Input A").value*1000, (2/3)))*10.1)/10000;

(Note that I didn't check the validity or syntax of your code, but that's what was missing from it to assign the value to the field)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add "event.value = " before your code, like this:

event.value = ((Math.pow(this.getField("Input A").value*1000, (2/3)))*10.1)/10000;

(Note that I didn't check the validity or syntax of your code, but that's what was missing from it to assign the value to the field)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to use the "Custom JavaScript calculation" option. JavaScript does not use the "^" for exponentiation, instead it uses the Math.pow() method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines