• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create multiple files from one pdf, based on records in a database

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create multiple pdfs from one base pdf using records from a database. I'm looking to do this from forms on a site, so I'm also hoping someone knows of a good service to use where this is possible. My first idea is to use AWS and see if I can get an instance setup with Acrobat in order to do this. I'm not quite sure if this is the route I should be going, so I'm open to any suggestions as well.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to do it on a server then using Acrobat is out of the question, both technically and legally.

I would recommend using a stand-alone application, and then calling it from a web script (like PHP or ASP or something like that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is a single user interactive tool, with server use forbidden in EULA, so I don’t think use under AWS is going to fly. Adobe's PDF Library, licensed by Datalogics, might be applicable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I had no idea how all that worked or if there was a service available (or what that service would be called), lol. Basically, I'm looking to have php fill out a pdf and save it as another instance so it can be uploaded via another api (that only accepts pdfs). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines