• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create, view and silent print from .NET application

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a .NET application that creates, views and prints PDF reports, and would like functionality for that without any extra (no adobe popup windows, preset adobe buttons, etc). What would be the cheapest Adobe SDK/product to buy that supports this?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Don't think you could add any interface to the control. But I assume it is a local file, that you know the open file and it hasn't been changed, so you can separately trigger a print. In that case I'd go with the advice to use Adobe PDF Library. Cheap it isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a server, or at the desktop of a single user?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its for a desktop application (with a touchscreen if that matters), using .NET 4.5 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want something like the Adobe PDF Library. Don't try to do this with Acrobat or Reader. Trying to automate desktop applications to do things "silently" is a non-starter. If the application has dialog boxes, I assure you, one will pop up. Use a developer tool instead. That's what they're for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you currently using to view PDF files on the client? Is “mostly silent” ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently we use the .NET control WebBrowser with acrobate reader installed. It works ok, but the WebBrowser control is ancient (Microsoft should update that one).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't think you could add any interface to the control. But I assume it is a local file, that you know the open file and it hasn't been changed, so you can separately trigger a print. In that case I'd go with the advice to use Adobe PDF Library. Cheap it isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much does it cost (approximate numbers are ok)? I could not find any quotes on net.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is quoted for your use case, and may have a one-time, an annual and/or a royalty basis. I think a PDF printer might be more economic if you have a single workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines