• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a red outlined circle around out of specification values in a form field

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a form to fill out that will have numerical values corresponding to a measurement value entered into them. I'd like to be able to add a mouse click event to these form fields that would allow the inspector to have a red outlined transparent circle around any values that exceed the tolerance specification for the value being entered. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why make your life more difficult than what it needs to be? Just put a normal radio-button next to each item and that's it... What you're asking for is not really possible to achieve in a PDF file, unless you use buttons with icons to simulate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt reply, I am not sure how your suggestion would fulfill my requirements.  I tried doing as you suggested and do not see how that will accomplish my goal. If you could attach an example of what you mean I can better judge whether that is a viable solution. What I need to do is circle the discrepant dimensions in red to flag them to my customers for review, they also need to be able to read the value underneath the circle.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this: Mark Selected Options with Circles in PDF Forms - KHKonsulting LLC 

The process outlined in the tutorial should get you started. All you need to do is to connect the display of the circle with the value of the field (e.g. in the custom validation script). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, That looks like it may work I'll have to play around with it. My only question is this, there may be multiple fields that need to be circled and the form could have potentially hundreds of values. Selecting a new one to outline won't change the circle around a previously circled value will it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That all depends on your JavaScript code. You will have to script this, and make sure that you keep things separate so that they are not interfering with circles that are not connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines