• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating stamps

Participant ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been into creating stamps lately. I have successfully created custom stamps which were easy. They're just construction symbols. Easy. But, now I would like to create a stamp that would enable me to have a fillable legend. As with many blue prints there's usually a legend table. But, sometimes not. This is what I'd like to have added to my pdfs when needed. A stamp that would have four to five fields that I could enter data such as job name, address, type of job, etc then flatten and save. I've been reading articles and I also know there's a book out there specializing in stamps. I've done some research and I'm still not getting a clear understanding as to what can be done. At this point I'm just wanting to know if I can create a stamp like what I've described. If you know if it is or not possible, please let me know. Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is possible - that is, as long as I understand your req correctly.

A good way to start is with Thom’s article: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/print/dynamic_stamp_secrets

Your will also find links to Thom’s book in that tutorial.

To to see a stamp in action, see the video linked from here:

Using Custom Dynamic PDF Stamps in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Karl,

User1, you'll find everything you ever wanted to know about Dynamic PDF stamps here:

PDF Stamp Annotations

Be sure to watch the "Stamps Gone Wild" video.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines