• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Fillable PDF Stamp including a signature. Possible?

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. I have created a custom fillable stamp with text fields, a dropdown field and fields that pull the current date and identity. The requirement is to have a digital signature instead of just the identity name be pulled in. Im assuming this is not possible but cant find any documentation to neither confirm or deny this. If its possible please direct me to the proper source. If a digital signature is not possible but pulling in an image of the signature is possible, please send me to the proper resource. I'm not talking about a separate stamp, I need to pull this into the fillable stamp itself. Please advise.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

You can add an image field to your stamp and then prompt the user to select the image for it, like this:

this.getField("Signature").buttonImportIcon();

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not, because all the fields in the stamp are flattened when it is applied, so if you did it you would only end up with an image of a digital signature, not an actual one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense. Do you know if there is a way or the script I need to use an image of the users signature? Kinda like when you make a signature stamp but include it in the stamp itself? I hope I'm making sense. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can insert an image of the user's hand-written signature, but it won't be a digital signature, it's just an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. I do understand that. Do you know the script that does this or can you point me in the right direction? I am having a hard time getting this actual solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add an image field to your stamp and then prompt the user to select the image for it, like this:

this.getField("Signature").buttonImportIcon();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can create a proper signature image that will work both as a stamp and an imported image onto a stamp here:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/PDF-Signature-Stamps.cfm

There is also a trick for using a stamp to mark a signature placeholder location on a PDF sent through Adobe Sign. Which is a great way to process invoices  and such. Contact me if you are interested. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines