• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Date / Calendar Field in Another Language

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I need to add a code/script in Adobe Acrobat so that the calendar / date field appears in a language other than English, particulartly, in Dutch.  Is there a way to do this?? I cannot install the program in Dutch because I don't speak the language. So I just need to know a way to change this field to a another language format so that when they open the form and click on the dropdown arrow in the date field, the calendar appears in Dutch. 

Also, is there a way to do this for a telephone field?? change it to another country's format??

Please HELP!! Thanks 😉 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The popup calendar is an Acrobat feature, not a PDF feature, so it's completely within Acrobat how the language on the calendar is displayed. There is a Language setting on the Advanced Document Properties, but this doesn't change the displayed language for the popup. I believe the calendar will display the language of the Acrobat install. If the PDF is displayed in a non-Acrobat viewer, then it's up to that viewer to display, or not display, a calendar popup.  

There is however a way to do this, which is to add your own popup calendar.

You can download one here and modify it for Dutch:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Free-Sample-PDF-Files-with-scripts.cfm

This is an advanced scripting task.

Field formatting however is different. You can decide how a particular field is formatted through keystroke and format scripts.  

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines