Detect whether bookmarks panel is open

Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have JavaScript that runs best with the bookmarks panel open. I know app.execMenuItem("ShowHideBookmarks"); toggles the bookmarks panel but I've not been able to find a way to detect whether it's already open.

Is there one?

Thank you

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Macintosh, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Most Valuable Participant , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018
Yes, you can use: this.paneIt will return "B" when the bookmarks panel is open, and something else if it's not. For example, "T" if the pages thumbnails panel is open, or "N" if no panels are open.

Translate

Translate
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use: this.pane

It will return "B" when the bookmarks panel is open, and something else if it's not. For example, "T" if the pages thumbnails panel is open, or "N" if no panels are open.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks try, worked great. Where would that info be? Somewhere in the dev kit, maybe? I didn't see it in the api reference.

Thanks again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's an undocumented feature, actually, so use it with care.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines