Digital signature value /Contents attribute

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently working on adobe pdf digital signature. I used the DLI sample contained in Adobe PDF library.

During signature calculation, encryptBuffer function (which encrypts the document hash using private key) returns

a 256 characters long hex value which is supposed to be written in /Contents dictionary item under digital signature value object.

But when I inspect the value written inside /Contents in pdf document, it is 262 character long instead of 256. There are 6 additional

hex characters at the start. Can you please explain what do they represent? I have gone through all the documentation available but

couldn't find the answer. DLI doesn't suite us. We are trying to implement signature support by writing signature objects directly in pdf file without using

any Adobe API's. For that purpose we need clarification on those additional 6 characters written in /Contents. Your immediate response will be highly appreciated.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Digital signature value /Contents attribute

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently working on adobe pdf digital signature. I used the DLI sample contained in Adobe PDF library.

During signature calculation, encryptBuffer function (which encrypts the document hash using private key) returns

a 256 characters long hex value which is supposed to be written in /Contents dictionary item under digital signature value object.

But when I inspect the value written inside /Contents in pdf document, it is 262 character long instead of 256. There are 6 additional

hex characters at the start. Can you please explain what do they represent? I have gone through all the documentation available but

couldn't find the answer. DLI doesn't suite us. We are trying to implement signature support by writing signature objects directly in pdf file without using

any Adobe API's. For that purpose we need clarification on those additional 6 characters written in /Contents. Your immediate response will be highly appreciated.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 23, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want Adobe to respond immediately to allow you to create software that will avoid using Adobe's software? Good luck with that. This is a community forum about using Acrobat through the Acrobat SDK. If you want Adobe support (if they would give it in this case) you need to buy a support case. DLI is not of course an Adobe product, but a DataLogics product and you may have a support contract for that. However, your question really seems to concern the PDF specification, 32000-1, and how to implement it; Adobe will not assist with that. They do, however, provide a forum for free discussion of this point: PDF Language and Specifications

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2017 0