• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disabling the paste function in a text field

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a PDF form and am wanting to restrict the user so they cannot paste text from another source into a text field on the form.  Is this possible?

I am using Acrobat Pro DC.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

The custom keystroke script (Text Field Properties dialog > Format tab > Custom format category > Custom Keystroke Script) can be as simple as:

event.rc = event.change.length < 2;

The problem is if you need to do this for fields that use one of the built-in formatting categories (e.g., Number or Date), then it gets more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a keystroke script you can reject anything that's more than a single character, as would happen if multiple characters were pasted. This would still allow the user to paste a single character at a time. Would that be OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is something I can setup easily that would be fine.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The custom keystroke script (Text Field Properties dialog > Format tab > Custom format category > Custom Keystroke Script) can be as simple as:

event.rc = event.change.length < 2;

The problem is if you need to do this for fields that use one of the built-in formatting categories (e.g., Number or Date), then it gets more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.  That works fine for what I need to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome - thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see how this works, but when I tried on my document I found that I could only access the format tab when a single field is selected. Is there a way to do this for an entire document at once, or at least an entire page at once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can write a console script to apply the custom keystroke to a whole set of fields all at once.  

Read this. 

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Editing-Fields-Properties.cfm?sd=40#JScript

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines