• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dividing two fields

Participant ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three fields. Two of them are input fields. Field1 is to enter the foot measurement of length of board. Field2 is to enter the specific size I want to get out of Field1. Like for example 8' / 3' = 2pcs. I don't want the scrap amount, just to show 2pcs. I have the following script to do the division,

var v1 = +this.getField("Field1").value;

var v2 = +this.getField("Field2").value;

if (v2==0) event.value = "";

else event.value = v1 / v2;

the script works to do the division, but it rounds up. Unless I select one decimal place under the Number pane. But, I don't want that result. I would just like to see the whole number. Not the number with the decimal place. Does anyone know the javascript to enable me to do the calculation the way I'd like? Please let me know. Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

You can use:

Math.round(v1/v2-0.5);

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the format of the field to None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried changing the Format to None and I get a decimal number. What I want is a single number. That's the part I don't know how to do. And, I've searched the internet for the answer. How can I have the result come back as a whole number? Like this, 20/9=2 not 2.22222222. Will this be possible? Changing the Format to None isn't gonna work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use:

Math.round(v1/v2-0.5);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines