• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document level scripts

Participant ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple forms with document level scrips.  I need to find a way to have the document fully open PRIOR to the cripts running.  Is there a way to do this or do I need to copy all my scripts in the Page Open area

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We switched banking systems,  none of the forms are integrated so staff have to flip back and forth.  My forms have pop ups asking them to fill in everything so they don't forget anything. But they say that sometimes it gets "stuck" if the form has not fully rendered

the way they get the form is a link from the banking system that opens a new web page. From there they click a link from that page to open the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed document level scripts should not interact with the user or document, only make definitions. Page level is a possibility but beware that page1 might not display first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a different way to do what I am looking at doing other than document level javascripts?  Basically I am trying to guide staff to fill out the correct information they need on each form with pop up boxes. It then will fill out the form for them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use an AcroDialog to capture the data and then populate the form. The dialog would be stored in the document level script but called from the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will have to look that up. I know nothing of AcroDialogs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you clearly defined your problem based on the forms you are trying to use?

Can you use Acrobat's form tools to edit the PDF? If not then you cannot add any scripts to the PDF forms to do any processing from within the form.

Do the data fields that are common between the forms have the exact same form field names? If not then you will need to do some type of mapping. If so, one can export the form data to an FDF file from one file and then read that file into the other form. this can be done without adding any script to the PDF by using Acrobat or creating a folder level script to Export and Import the FDF file. If you are using Reader then the forms will need to have form rights applied to the PDF.

As far as I have seen all document script code is processed before a PDF is opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can access Tools that is how I have put all the document javascripts in and they do work - I was just looking for a more elegant way to do them - for the staff

I tried to add the pdf here as example but could not find a way to attach it

I will continue the way I have as it does work (and look for additional way when I have a bit more time to modify)  thanks all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi creditunion123,

AcroDialogs is a product my company developed for creating custom dialog boxes for Acrobat automation tools and PDF forms.  We have an example of a Form Filling Wizard on this page so you can see how custom dialogs can be used to help users fill out forms-

Windjack Solutions, Inc. - How To Articles

We recently re-introduced AcroDialogs as an online tool that is available at our membership web site www.pdfscripting.com since it is no longer available as an Acrobat plug-in.

Hope this helps,

Dimitri

pdfscripting.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I actually JUST renewed my subscription this morning as I saw you reintroduced them.  Have to learn how to use the tool to have multiple items in one pop up box

(checkboxes on one side/ other items next to it)

that may take me a bit  - I could not get dialog items in the areas I wanted - but I will watch the videos

PS I used your site all the time while learning - copying and pasting code

Thank you so much for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines