• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does JavaScript run on iPads?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am making a relatively simple form with multiple fields, and one of those fields is an image field. It works perfectly on my Windows setup where I'm building the report. When I send it to my iPad, everything works except for the image field. I've tried changing the type of input (Mouse Up, Mouse Down, Focus), but it doesn't seem to matter. I've also opened the PDF in the mail viewer, adobe fill and sign, and adobe reader, but still it doesn't work. The specific reaction to tapping on the field is nothing except for in adobe reader, where it at least highlights the field, but never prompts to input an image or file.

I'm beginning to think that this functionality doesn't work in iPads due to the buttons using JavaScript. Can someone help me figure this out?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Here's what PDF Expert supports: Supported JavaScript in AcroForms (Adobe Acrobat forms) - Readdle Knowledge Base

which includes the field.buttonImportIcon method.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most JS code doesn't work on mobile devices, no. Your best bet is to use

Readdle's PDF Expert. It's not free, but it supports much more JS commands

than Adobe Acrobat Reader does, including the buttonImportIcon command.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 10:04 PM, erich81711459 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is such a pity that on Adobe forums that we have to suggest other third party products because elements of the Portable Document Format are not portable on Adobe PDF Viewers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called their support line, and they don't offer any phone support for tablets! It's completely ridiculous. I think they just don't care at this point, which means more money for other companies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be fair... very, very, very, few companies offer phone support for their free products. And when they do, you pretty much are the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any commands related to taking in documents/images as a command. It's also surprising how limited this list is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what PDF Expert supports: Supported JavaScript in AcroForms (Adobe Acrobat forms) - Readdle Knowledge Base

which includes the field.buttonImportIcon method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what I needed! Thanks to you and try67!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines