• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does PDF library API have ability to index PDF file

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very new to Acrobat and using the SDK to interact with PDF files.  I am trying to create a program / app that will index a PDF file (ie create a pdx catalog) so the user does not have to open adobe acrobat and manually create a full text index.  A little overwhelmed by all the different articles on the SDK but after researching countless articles I think the PDF library API is the best way for me to proceed.  I am a Delphi developer but I do have some C experience. Thanks, Joe

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the PDX technology used is Acrobat only and does not form part of the PDFL API. Never seen any Catalog API for PDFL. I'd be happy to be proved wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct the PDF library will not create a PDX file set.  Thanks for replying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines