• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dynamic stamp displaying wrong user name

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user who uses the Approved dymanic stamp.  She had some trouble with her install so we uninstalled and reinstalled it.  Since then, when she uses the Approved stamp, it puts someone else's name on it.  This other user as never used this particular machine and we can't get rid of it.  If someone else does sign into the machine, the stamp is correct.  Others have found an 'Edit Identity' button, but when I right-click on the stamp, I don't have that.  Ideas?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're able to change the name on one of the comments, you can then select the "Make Properties Default" checkbox. You may need to deselect the following first: Edit > Preferences > Commenting > Always use Log-in Name for Author name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this doesn’t work. One thing I forgot to add yesterday, if someone else signs into the Banking machine, it’s all fine. It’s something between these 2 users. Thanks.

Robyne-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about my earlier reply, I misread your question and was thinking about something else.

You'll likely clear this up by setting the following preference to what you want to use: Edit > Preferences > Identity > Name

If this doesn't work, post again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this doesn’t work, either. When we change the Identity on one machine, it changes it on both – that’s my whole issue. If I post again, I have to start all over with support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By post again, I just meant reply in this thread like you just did.

When you examine the script that one of the dynamic stamps that come with Acrobat use, you see the the name that gets applied comes from either identity.name or Collab.user. If you open up the interactive JavaScript console by pressing Ctrl + J and then enter the following line of code:

Collab.user

and then press Ctrl + Enter when the cursor is on that line, what does it show?

Then do the same for this line of code:

identity.name

And finally, this one:

identity.loginName

The name that you're seeing is one of these, but which one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! It’s a little frustrating! Can you tell me where the Identity information comes from? Because when I re-installed it, it didn’t enter anything there and it’s not my information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The identity information is set in the user preference I mentioned earlier. The user is normally prompted for it the first time they place a stamp, but it can always be changed in the identity preference settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you’re not prompted for it, where does it come from? Because the user wasn’t prompted for it the first time she tried to use a stamp. Is there a config file somewhere locally I can change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned earlier, it comes from: Edit > Preferences > Identity

Have you performed the tests I suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other ideas on this? I’ve also tried uninstalling and downloading fresh install files from the Adobe website.

Robyne-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you perform the tests I suggested and report the results, it would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I thought I’d responded. I don’t get anything by pressing CTL-J. Nor could I find anything online as to another path to get to the scripting window.

Robyne-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the machine in question have Reader, Acrobat Pro, or Acrobat Standard installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DC Standard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After placing a stamp, are you able to right-click it and select Properties and then select the General tab? If so, try changing the Author name to what you want and then select the "Make Properties Default" check box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do this, the author’s name is correct for the user who’s signed in but the wrong name still appears on the Stamp. Would it be possible for you, me, and the user to find a time where you can WebEx in and look at this?

Robyne-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm not going to do that. And the change I described will only affect new comments, not pre-existing ones.

If the stamp is set up to use the Login Name value from the Identity preferences then solution is to either edit the stamp's code or login under a new Windows account, with the correct user-name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can edit it all day long. I can change it for the user but it also changes it for a second user who uses a different machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you edit the code to use the Name property instead of the Login Name then each user could adjust it to include their own name and you won't need to have multiple versions of the same stamp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve tried all of that. When User 1 changes her information, it changes it on both machines. If User 2 changes it back, it also changes it on both machines. The only thing they have in common is they’re both licensed under the same Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very very strange. I can't help you further without seeing this stamp, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s just the Dymanic out of the box ‘Approved’ stamp. What do you need to see and I’ll screen shot it all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I don't get is how changing the value on one computer can affect the other one. It's pretty much impossible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, send screenshots of what you're talking about, exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines