Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic stamp with acro dialog

Participant ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have created a stamp acrobat custom dialog containing a few fields. All works fine when I use the stamp first time but as I choose it again and put on document dialog does not appear for input.

I have many old stamps created in past. Those all also having same issue is there any issue with the code or problem with Acrobat DC. I remember all was fine with acrobat 11.

Please help.  Stamp triggering code is below.

if (event.source && event.source.forReal && event.source.stampName == "#vw3mBZoIDLu-YhiEXZcuvA") {

if ("ok" == oDlg1.DoDialog()) {

var   cMsg = oDlg1.sACC_No ;

event.value = cMsg  ;

event.source.source.info.DocumentState = cMsg;

}

}

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

I updated acrobat and now the version is

2017-09-13_12-20-19.jpg

All seems to be working fine now. Acro dialog is asking for inputs as many times as stamp placed which was not working earlier.

I hope acrobat works this way.

Thanks all guys for their time and support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the name of the corresponding template page in the stamp file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure sir what you are asking. Actual stamp is on page 3 in stamp pdf file.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the following, particularly that part about naming the page templates: Creating a PDF Stamp File from Scratch - KHKonsulting LLC

Your code assumes the stamp page template has a particular (internal) name and it won't work as expected unless you specify the correct name in the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

Thanks for replying. I tried creating a stamp using steps given in that link.

I understand page template is basically used to give a meaningful name to actual stamp. I think it is not really required if the stamp if correctly named in the if statement as below

if (event.source && event.source.forReal && event.source.stampName == "#cmFBPj_DWbvqfJTuzx5jsC") {

I can get the real name of stamp using "this.selectedAnnots[0].AP" and selecting it.

Also do not know what changed and what was the problem earlier. All stamps are working good now. Acro dialog is appearing each time I place stamp on doc. While earlier dialog was appearing for the first time.

Sir, can you please advise on how to use signature on stamp or it is not possible at all.

Regards

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sir,

Attached videos shows the problem. Stamp does not work as intended in acrobat DC but work great in adobe reader dc.

See adobe acrobat video first and then other.

Adobe acrobat stamp use

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3-Hr988WlLxTFc4cGs1RWpjY2c

Adobe reader stamp use

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3-Hr988WlLxNnFldE5pS2pCYlk

Please help.

Thank you

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the stamp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried again, just before sending the stamp and same problem. Working good in adobe reader but not acrobat.

Link to stamp

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3-Hr988WlLxd1NKNnpCWXVXdUEhttps://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3-Hr988WlLxd1NKNnpCWXVXdUE

Thank you
Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working fine for me with Acrobat, but I was only able to test on an older version so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have acrobat 7 in office and stamp works great with it. But in my laptop with acrobat DC it does not work, with adobe reader dc it works.

Can you please see what can be the reason?
I believe stamp is created and coded correctly.

Thanks

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version of Acrobat DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must remind all experts some time stamp start working great in acrobat. But this happens very rare. But works in reader all the time.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC release 2015

version 2015.016.20039

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use version 2017.012.20098 of Adobe Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC.

What version of Acrobat Reader DC do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure but I guess it is not version's issue. Stamp works in even Adobe Acrobat 7. I tried. I will check reader version and revert.

Is there any update I can apply on Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is all fine in Adobe Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saw the video I linked above. Why it does not work in my acrobat DC. Dialog comes only first time placing.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3-Hr988WlLxTFc4cGs1RWpjY2c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your full dialog code needs to be inside

if (event.source && event.source.forReal && event.source.stampName == "#vw3mBZoIDLu-YhiEXZcuvA") {

}

not just the trigger for it.  Check the console.  It probably says oDlg1.DoDialog() is not a function, or oDlg1.DoDialog() is not defined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How on earth can you say it's not a version issue? Are you an expert on version specific bugs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no expert at all, apologies. Said this because some stamp works in the same version on my laptop where mostly it doesn't.

I hope you are expert and can help me out this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would begin troubleshooting by moving all other custom stamp files out of the Stamps directory temporarily to make sure there's not a conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And make sure that you check the JavaScript console for errors. You can bring up the console using Ctrl-J or Cmd-J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I can confirm right now and is sure that console is showing no error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried moving all stamps out to another folder and keeping only stamp in designated folder, does not work.

My Adobe reader version

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2017 version 2017.012.20098

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I updated acrobat and now the version is

2017-09-13_12-20-19.jpg

All seems to be working fine now. Acro dialog is asking for inputs as many times as stamp placed which was not working earlier.

I hope acrobat works this way.

Thanks all guys for their time and support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines