• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing forms

Enthusiast ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often need to revise a PDF form that already has form fields on it. First I open the form. When I click "Prepare Form" in Acrobat DC, Acrobat first wants to know which PDF I want to use. When I choose the PDF I currently have open, it then tries to detect form fields, and finally I'm able to edit the PDF form.

Is there a command that I can choose, like "Edit PDF Form" so I don't have to go through multiple steps and choices before I can edit the PDF form I have opened in Acrobat?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

You can set the auto detection to OFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the auto detection to OFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I did notice that setting before, but thought there might be a better way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Isn't there a way to edit your forms besides "recreating" them every time? (Yes, I already have auto-detect off)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should in NO SENSE be recreating your forms if you don't let it detect forms. It just is the way into form editing. Yes, it is a clunky and ill-thought out interface, which assumes that people will create more often than they edit, which cannot be the case. What makes you say it is recreating, if you turn the option off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the Tools>Forms>Edit function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines