Email Javascript

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF document that has a mailto: link inside. When I click the link I am presented with an Outlook email to the recipient but I want to add the document as an attachment in the process.

Suggestions

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Email Javascript

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF document that has a mailto: link inside. When I click the link I am presented with an Outlook email to the recipient but I want to add the document as an attachment in the process.

Suggestions

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is done using a script you need to use the mailDoc or submitForm commands.

Alternatively, you can use the built-in Submit Form command and set it to submit the complete PDF file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create this PDF? If so, then did you setup the link, or is the email just text on the page. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately the mailto in the pdf is embedded using the tool that created the PDF (Crystal Reports) The challenge is piggy backing on the embedded mailto after it is created or picking up the email address from the doc after it is created. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain the process. Is the PDF automatically generated and sent to a client? At what point do you have the opportunity to modify the PDF? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0