• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enable global object security policy - Check box won't remain unchecked

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to uncheck the "Enable global object security policy" option under Preferences>JavaScript, occasionally the box won't remain unchecked. So I'll go in, uncheck the box, close Preferences, then go right back into Preferences>JavaScript and the box will be checked again. Any idea what's going on here, and what to do about it?

Update: No settings under Preferences will save when I make changes. None of the checkboxes remain checked/unchecked after I close Preferences and return to it. I uninstalled and reinstalled Reader also, no change.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version of Acrobat? OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most current version. Windows 10 up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need to remove global object security? Maybe there is anoter way to accomplish the required functionality?

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vitrium security on pdfs. There might be another way but I want a solution to this problem, not the fact that the security is in place. This works when Reader isn't being buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is the case that no settings are being saved, then Acrobat is not closing properly. 

The first thing to do is to check the task manager after Acrobat closes to see if it is running in the backgound, or if there are multiple background instances. 

If these exist, kill them. 

There are several possible culprits for this problem. The Acrobat install could be damaged, or one of the settings files or feature components could be damaged. Doing an Acrobat Repair could fix this.   

The cuprit could be a 3rd party plug-in. If you use any of these, move them out of the plug-ins folder (or uninstall), then test to see if the issue persists.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I checked it both those first two options already. I'll check on the plug-ins. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines