Error during signature verification. Signature contains incorrect, unrecognized, corrupted or suspicious data. Support Information: SigDict /Contents illegal data

New Here ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

We are using adbe.pkcs7.detached adding signature to the PDF. whenever I open signed PDF form it will show signature is unknown with below error code as

Error during signature verification. 

Signature contains incorrect, unrecognized, corrupted or suspicious data.

Support Information: SigDict /Contents illegal data

Can anyone confirm me issue w.r.t to the signature verification.

With regards

Ravi

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Security digital signatures and esignatures, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error during signature verification. Signature contains incorrect, unrecognized, corrupted or suspicious data. Support Information: SigDict /Contents illegal data

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Keshav_pki @Ravinder5FC4 @kadobe @vladan saveljic @Bernd Alheit @YatharthS 

Does anyone help me with this issue. If there is a solution already?

I have a signed PDF document along with Time-stamp and DSS. But when opened in Adobe reader, Signature is not valid and have the following error:

Signature contains incorrect, unrecognized, corrupted or suspicious data. Support Information: SigDict /Contents illegal data

I verified the Signature Field /Annot dictionary it seems normal. /Annot references a Signature dictionary via its /V field. And the Signature dictionary has /Type /Sig which constains all the mandatory fields.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share a representative example PDF for your issue.
There are multiple reasons for that message; as it says itself, it's probably merely something unknown to Adobe (e.g. EC signatures with brainpool curves) while other validation services may know these details and can validate without an issue.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MikelKlink Thanks for asking details and trying to help. Unfortunaetly, I couldn't re-create a PDF document with the same issue and I am not allowed to share the original document as it is a confidential data.

Despite this, would you like to suggest some investigative methods that I can try to find the root cause? 

Many thanks.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned above, very many reasons are possible, so if you cannot share the document in question here, you should contact someone knowledgeable in respect to integrated PDF signatures and present the document to them (under a NDA) for analysis.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for your suggestions. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines