Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error sending .fdf page from PDF

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a 100-pg PDF workbook that I am trying to set up where a student can click a submit button that will send just that individual page to an instructor. I was able to set up a .fdf link and was successful sending a test file to myself. (page 6 of the Test document attached.) However when I had two of my clients test it out it wouldn't work. One got the attached error, the other one the submit button wouldn't work at all. Thoughts? I am not familiar with java script but if somebody could walk me through that I think I could figure it out. (I also tried making just the submit button active but it gave the attached "invalid file" error.)

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's nothing wrong with your submit, as long as the PDF viewer is capable of executing it.  Which viewers did your test users use?  Ideally this type of submit should only be performed from Acrobat/Reader.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines