Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel VBA To Turn Off PDF Layers

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Background - I have a couple PDF floorplans with close to 100 cubicles and due to internal staff turnover, it needs to be updated often.  I was able to use Excel vba to dynamically update the cublicle assignments, but since the floorplans were plotted with all the layers, including dimensions, fixtures to plumbing, the drawings are very clutter.

My question - is it possible to turn layers on/off with VBA.  Something like AvDoc.Lyaers("xxx").visible = false

Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Visual Basic - Javascript bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean using the JSObject?  I thought about that, but I have a couple problems.  I don't have write access to the Adobe folder and I don't appear to have a "user" folder.  Will it work if I use my user folder instead and where should I create the user foler for Acrobat DC?

My app folder is:

C/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Acrobat DC/Acrobat/JavaScripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bernd!

The link you provided was only for XI, which the path is completely different for DC.  But with the that additional information, I was able to search for the correct path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines