• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Execute script on page change or scroll

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple text fields on each page of a document.  The text fields can be populated through a generic script, from a list of predefined narratives (unique for each group of "x" fields >> i.e. the fields are in groups of three that share narratives) or can be edited in place.  The document highlights the "active edit" text field by changing the background color for the user.

Problem:

When user leaves the page, the highlighted field is not visible.  If the user selects from one of the narratives in the list for the (now) visible group, the event will overwrite the text in the last field selected.

I want to "de-select" the field if the user scrolls away from it being visible.

I understand that there are no page change events.  Can a scroll event be used, and where?  Looking for suggestions.THX!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

There certainly are "page change events". Each page has a Page Open and Page Close event. You'll find them under the Pages panel by right-clicking a page, selecting Page Properties, then Actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There certainly are "page change events". Each page has a Page Open and Page Close event. You'll find them under the Pages panel by right-clicking a page, selecting Page Properties, then Actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks yet again, try67.  Just got back on this.  Getting closer to full functionality required. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines