Export/Merge Multiple PDF Form Pages to One Long Page with a Button

Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have an 8 page PDF form and at the end of the document I would like to have a button that would export / save, as one long PDF page. Is this a possible?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Not out-of-the-box. You would need to create a script that totally recreates this file in this format, and of course it will not work in Reader.

Why do you want to do that, if I may ask?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Macintosh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export/Merge Multiple PDF Form Pages to One Long Page with a Button

Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have an 8 page PDF form and at the end of the document I would like to have a button that would export / save, as one long PDF page. Is this a possible?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Not out-of-the-box. You would need to create a script that totally recreates this file in this format, and of course it will not work in Reader.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Macintosh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 29, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2019 0
Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on who I'm working with, they prefer a single document over a multi page document. I was hoping as the customer filled out the form, they could hit a button that would export or offer an option to export a fully merged document.

I will now have to try to find a way to pull all checkbox and field values into a summary sheet instead. I'm able to pull them one by one, but it would be nice to pull all export values into a single "summary sheet" without having to call them each time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2019 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand the reason for wanting to do that, really. There's no real benefit of having all the data on a single large page than split over multiple pages, but OK...

A summary page is a much better idea. And sure, it can be done using a script that copies the values of all (or some) of the fields to it automatically.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2019 0