• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exportpdf fails to convert

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an annual subscription. I tried to convert a 15mb pdf file to excel. Both from Android + Adobe Reader and Windows +10 Chrome. In both cases I keep receiving the message "Conversion failure". I tried Adobe Support Chat. They are able to help and suggested posting the problem here. Can anyone help? Even a cursory search reveals that the problem is pretty common, perennial for many years, and still not solved by Adobe. OCR disabling etc. do not seem to work.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

There is nothing we ban do to help: ExportPDF is a server based solution, which means only Adobe had access to what's going on while your job is being processed. You are paying for your subscription, so I would assume that you are eligible for Adobe's service. Try again and see if you can talk/chat with somebody else who is more willing to help.

What I can tell you is that the outcome of a conversion from PDF to any other format depend highly on the quality is your PDF. If important information

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing we ban do to help: ExportPDF is a server based solution, which means only Adobe had access to what's going on while your job is being processed. You are paying for your subscription, so I would assume that you are eligible for Adobe's service. Try again and see if you can talk/chat with somebody else who is more willing to help.

What I can tell you is that the outcome of a conversion from PDF to any other format depend highly on the quality is your PDF. If important information is missing from the input file, you will never get a good output file. When you have access to Adobe Acrobat, you can try to convert the file to images, then import these images again into a PDF file, OCR this file and then convert to e.g. excel.  This sometimes does give you better results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please split the document into two parts and then try exporting the output PDF's into word.

Regards,

Girija

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you split the document with Export PDF ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To split the document, you need to use "Organize Pages" app.

Follow this link for details: Split a PDF document | Adobe Acrobat DC tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this. The OP has only Export PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Suresh,

If it happens only with some specific file, Please share the file for digging down the issue.

-Thanks and Regards

Sunil Soni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I demanded that I need technical services, so they connected me to one.  This one was very helpful, offered to install trial version Acrobat Pro DC, took her almost 4 hours (imagine I do it), I found the split file function, split it into 2 files, first one with 1200 pages, next with 1109 pages (25mb). then the 1200 to two 150 pages (6-9mb), 300 pages (8mb), and 600 pages (15mb).  Exported each to Excel individually, all converted.

But there are big problems: the first page has only the last few lines, remaining pages all missing 14 lines.  With 2309 pages, manual correction is out of the question.  Anyone has any idea what I should do next?

Can cut and paste from Acrobat Pro over hundred/thousand pages an alternative?  I'm OK with Access VBA to decode them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines