Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract PDF attachments via script

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a large amount of PDF files that contain attachments.

I would like to write a script that will automatically extract out the attachments.

I've been looking over the various Adobe websites and I'm not sure where to start.

Is there a cost to write a script that use Adobe API's?  I can't find that anywhere.

Is there a place to search to see if an example code close to what I want to do exists already?

thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

The PDFLibrary is licensed by our partner Datalogics – www.datalogics.com<http://www.datalogics.com>. I don’t know if they have a Perl API or not, but please do reach out to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don’t mention what type of “script” you want to use…

But the general answer is that Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) supports APIs that can be used from various programming environments to perform the operations you describe below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have a Perl script for some other activities, it does not look like you can use Perl to do this though.

I found the website with Adobe SDK for downloading, so I take it is free to use that? Even on an Enterprise level server?

I quickly looked over the documentation and it appears as though doc.exportdataobject is the API i am looking for, but am not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SDK itself is free – but it requires the presence of Acrobat to do anything useful. And Acrobat is a desktop tool – it cannot be deployed on a server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, what should I be looking at then? PDF Library SDK?  And if so, where I can find out the cost?

I'm not having much luck navigating the Adobe website(s) to find these answers - appreciate you help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The PDFLibrary is licensed by our partner Datalogics – www.datalogics.com<http://www.datalogics.com>. I don’t know if they have a Perl API or not, but please do reach out to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines