• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Field calculations

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form that asks questions with different possible answers to click on. Now when the answer is checked i need to have that field to equal a certain number. Then these totals would be added up for a complete total.

For example: 1 question is:

What is your age?

____ (1) 56 and over

____ (2) 46-55

____ (3) 36-45

____ (4) 20-35

So if you chose 56 and over then that would equal 1 but if you chose 46-55 then it would equal 2. This field needs to be a text field i believe or a button but then the totals can calculate to a Sub Total from all questions.

Help

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should use check-boxes or radio-buttons for this. That way you could set their export values to the desired numbers and use them directly in a calculation, and you would also prevent someone from selecting two fields at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.

Ok i know how to do that but how do i get those check boxes or radio buttons to equal a number. For example if i put a check box/radio button for age 56 and over how does the form know that when that box is chosen to calculate (1). See what i'm saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the field's Properties, Options tab, and set the value as the Export value, like this:

It has a slightly different name for a radio-button field, something like Radio Button Choice, but it's pretty much the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm..ok i will give it a try. I'll let ya know thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my goodness...thank you so much. It worked!!! Your the best:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok hoping you can help 1 more time. Now i have a field that i need total of another calculated field x 2.

Sub-Total         Factor               Total

Time Horizon      ____30_____        x 1        _______30_____              (example)

Financial Goals  ____30_____        x 2        ______  60_____               (example)

Risk Tolerance   _________        x 3             ____________

So i have totals that were calculated for the sub-totals and now need to get the Total to calculate.

Hope you can help so i can finish this form:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.

Ok i know how to do that but how do i get those check boxes or radio buttons to equal a number. For example if i put a check box/radio button for age 56 and over how does the form know that when that box is chosen to calculate (1). See what i'm saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines