Fill and Sign and .net

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing a .NET program to allow a user to open a partially prepopulated form and finish filling out the paperwork while in the field and then have the program save the pdf and update a database to mark the status of the form as complete.  I have a couple ideas to try and am hoping someone can tell me if this is possible or an alternate method. Also note, I do have Acrobat Standard DC, and any machine running the program is expected to have Acrobat (not reader).

The first idea is to open the pdf in the program's .NET form, add information, have someone initial something, then sign and click a button beside the PDF window that would then run the code to save the pdf and update the database that the form is complete.  I attempted to open it using the COM object, but when I clicked on fill and sign I got a message that Fill and Sign is not available in browser mode.  Is there some other way to open the PDF in the program and use fill and sign?

Some alternate methods I am considering would be opening the the pdf in Acrobat using the SDK and having a javascript button to start the save process and update the database but I am not sure how to go about that through acrobat.  Is there a way to have the .NET program wait for a response from the acrobat program, like once a javascript button is pushed the .NET program starts the code to save the PDF and update the database?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?