Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill and Sign not working in IE

Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fill and Sign is not working when I open a PDF link in Internet Explorer. Is there a reason for this? It was working fine just last week.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

You are NOT using the Fill & Sign tool in the Adobe Document Cloud - you are opening a PDF in the Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader plugin in IE11 and the Fill & Sign tool in Acrobat/Reader does not support being used in a web browser like that, you can use it in Acrobat/Reader in a downloaded PDF file, or in the Document Cloud.  I can not say why it would have worked previously but the error message shown is expected for this case.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cathyf50085961 ,

Would like to know are you getting any message while working on the document.Is this happening with all the files .

Please check with the different browser . And also try to save the file on hard drive then check Fill & sign is working on that saved file or not .

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fill and sign works when downloaded, but not in browser. I have tried different files, same issue. There is no security on the PDF. The message I get when working on a PDF in IE says "Fill and Sign is not available in browser. Please download." However, this was working before.

Chrome never worked before. Firefox does not work when I tested it last night. But it was working before in IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cathy;

What version of Internet Explorer are you using?  It sounds like you are using the Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat plugin in the web browser and then using the "Fill & Sign" tool in Acrobat/Reader which when you click the tool is saying that it is not available in the browser - is that correct?  If that is the case Fill & Sign supports IE10 and later.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI I am using IE11 it is still showing not in browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of what you see?  Fill & Sign in the Document Cloud should work great in Chrome (probably the best), and also in Firefox.  IE11 is supported but IE10 is not, so if your browser is set to emulate IE10 for any reason then Fill & Sign would not work, but it is supported in IE11...  You can use the other Document Cloud services but when you click on the Fill & Sign tab you get an error message, or when you try to upload a document?

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP doesn't use the online service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

Please see the screen shot, I want to edit this document in IE11 and upload back to the internal site.

Also I'm not able to edit in the same browser

Windows 10 is my OS and DC 18 is my current version.

CMX ISSUE IE11 ACroDC18.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Le me know the solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no solution for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then Is it possible to edit the documents online with IE11 ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I download the file I can make any changes with Acrobat DC but I cannot edit in browser all browser having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Acrobat Team,

Let me clear one thing, Is it possible to edit the document with IE11 or any other browser while working on internal organization website's.

In windows 7 I can edit this same file but when I upgraded to windows 10 am facing this kind of editing problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are NOT using the Fill & Sign tool in the Adobe Document Cloud - you are opening a PDF in the Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader plugin in IE11 and the Fill & Sign tool in Acrobat/Reader does not support being used in a web browser like that, you can use it in Acrobat/Reader in a downloaded PDF file, or in the Document Cloud.  I can not say why it would have worked previously but the error message shown is expected for this case.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can someone tell me why all of sudden fill & sign is double writing over when I try to print or save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines