• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable form fields (radio buttons, drop-down, check boxes, etc.) not appearing on iPhone

New Here ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a form in Adobe Acrobat involving radio buttons and fillable fields to type in text. It appears only on Desktop, no mobile apps are displaying any of the fields. The dropdown selections appear "flattened". The radio buttons do not even appear. I have tried the Adobe Reader app, Adobe Fill & Sign, and the native iOS PDF viewer.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader should at least show fields (although, if there is some JavaScript involved, it won't because it is too dumb); the other PDF viewers mentioned… forget it. Try PDF Expert by Readdle, which is considered to be the leader of the pack for iOS.

Hope this can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victor,

The types of form elements you have mentioned should be supported by the Free Adobe Acrobat for iOS (and Android) products (including radio, drop down, text box). Can you please share the form with us?

Thank you!

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue on Adobe Fill & Sign on an Android tablet where the check boxes and radio buttons are not appearing. Would also like drop downs too, but haven't gotten that for yet. Can you please assist me with this? I can send the form over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've got a couple of possible issues.

1) Most mobile PDF viewers are total crap and do not properly handle form fields, the same is true for browser based PDF viewers. You need to ensure your users are viewing the PDF in the Adobe Mobile Reader, or an app that properly handles form fields. 

2) Fill and Sign (Adobe Sign) forms are not PDF. They are an HTML generated form that is created when a document is sent through the Adobe Sign Server.  You are not supposed to send someone a PDF form created with the Acrobat Sign tool. Instead, you are supposed to submit this PDF form to the Adobe Sign server for processing. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines