• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

finding each of oCoords in a check box group

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I can find the  oCoords (field.rect) information for each check box in a check box group?

I'm only able to find the first set of coordinates. It seems that the function getNthFieldName is also seeing the entire checkbox group as 1 field. I tried to play around with exportValues  and field names but I was never able to locate the .rect information for all exportValues.

I have to change hundreds of check box groups into radio buttons. I made a lot of progress thanks to this forum and older post but at the moment I can only create all the correct radio buttons at the location of the first checkbox group field. This means I have to manually drag and drop them to the correct field location.

Example:

In the example below you can see I can only find the location of 1 box even though there are 3

var fieldName = getField("Check Box Group");

fieldName.rect

fieldName.exportValues

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Each instance of radio buttons or checkboxes in a group is called a widget, and each has it's own Widget name.

So if there are 3 buttons in a radio button group named "MyCheck". The individual Widgets are named "MyCheck.0", "MyCheck.1", and "MyCheck.2"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bernd but the site is Not found in the documentation. Widgets was the correct answer though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the link when you remove the characters after .htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you, this worked and will be helpful in the future. I saw a lot of links in the forum I couldn't open before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each instance of radio buttons or checkboxes in a group is called a widget, and each has it's own Widget name.

So if there are 3 buttons in a radio button group named "MyCheck". The individual Widgets are named "MyCheck.0", "MyCheck.1", and "MyCheck.2"

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, I should have asked this days ago. I just tried and it worked. This will save me countless hours of rearranging buttons on pdf forms.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines