Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get total from dropdown boxes

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a PDF form that has dropdown boxes in a column that has a text box at the bottom that I want to display a total sum based on the letter showing in the dropdown boxes.  If an "X" is displayed in the dropdown box, then I want it to be counted and included in the total at the bottom.  In the image below there are 4 "X's" displayed in the dropdown boxes and the total at the bottom of the boxes has "4".

I want to add a javascript to the "Total Hits" field that automatically adds the number of "X's" displayed in the dropdown boxes.  I will do the same thing for each Table (I, II, III, and IV).

Hits.JPG

Can someone please help me with this?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say the names of the drop-down fields are "Dropdown1" to ""Dropdown7".

You can use this code to perform the calculation:

var fields = ["Dropdown1", "Dropdown2", "Dropdown3", "Dropdown4", "Dropdown5", "Dropdown6", "Dropdown7"];

var total = 0;

for (var i in fields) {

if (this.getField(fields).valueAsString=="X")

total++;

}

event.value = total;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try67 ,

Thank you so much!!  Your script worked like a charm and did exactly what I needed it to do.  I really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines