getPageNthWord to include hyphens

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a POC to look for pattern e.g 12345-1234 and then create a hyperlink on it using javascript.

My question is how to make 'getPageNthWord' function to include '-' while splitting words. As of now, when '-' is found, the word is cut as '12345-' and '1234' as I'm having the 'bStrip' value as false.

I want as single word without any splits

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

It isn’t considered a  single word, and you can’t change that, so you’d need to look for the text as successive words.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

getPageNthWord to include hyphens

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a POC to look for pattern e.g 12345-1234 and then create a hyperlink on it using javascript.

My question is how to make 'getPageNthWord' function to include '-' while splitting words. As of now, when '-' is found, the word is cut as '12345-' and '1234' as I'm having the 'bStrip' value as false.

I want as single word without any splits

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

It isn’t considered a  single word, and you can’t change that, so you’d need to look for the text as successive words.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 16, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2018 0