• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello everyone, I am using Acrobat X. this.movePave(3,5) comment moving 4th page to 6th position. this.movePage(5,3) is not moving 6th page to 4th position. Please some one explain how to use this.movePage().

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I am using Acrobat X. this.movePave(3,5) comment moving 4th page to 6th position. this.movePage(5,3) is not moving 6th page to 4th position. Please some one explain how to use this.movePage().

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

You should read the documentation instead of guessing:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The documentation:

Acrobat DC SDK Documentation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is it doing, then?
Also, are you executing the two commands one after another?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello try67, I found your answers helpful in many forums. Specially interleave pages. I am not so much aware of java scripts. I used to search script online for my need and use them. Reveres the pages; interleave page arrangements; spell errors and so.

Now I am looking at how those individual comments working. Coming to point: this.movePage(3,5) moving 4th page to 6th page.

I rearrange the page again as it was at first. Then this.movePage(5,3) moving the 6th page to 5th page. And I found for this.movePage(x,y); x is lesser than y means it moving (x+1)th page to (y+1)th page. Where x is greater than y, it doing something what i could not understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this.movePage(5,3) moves the 6th page after the 4th page. This is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naaah. this.movePage(5,3) moves the 6th page to 5th page.

FScreen shot 2019-02-15 at 12.45.14 PM.pngor x greater than y, this.movePage(x,y) moves (x+1)th page to (y+1)th page.

For x lesser than y, this.movePage(x,y) moves (x+1)th page to (y+2)th page.

This is what happening. I could not understand the logic behind this. Is this correct? or I have any version bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 5th page is the page after the 4th page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After these months, I came to this encounter again. Came here and reading this. The answers are not correct.

Question:

For x greater than y, this.movePage(x,y) moves (x+1)th page to (y+1)th page.

For x lesser than y, this.movePage(x,y) moves (x+1)th page to (y+2)th page.

This is what happening. I could not understand the logic behind this. Is this correct? or I have any version bug?

Some one try movePage(3,5) and movePage(5,3). You can understand my question.

Detail:

this.movePage(3,5) moving 4th page to 6th page. right? right....

Then this.movePage(5,3) have to move 6th page to 4th page. Right? this is what I am expected. but it is moving 6th page to 5th page. Catch me? It is moving 6th page to 5th page instead of 6th page to 4th page.

How it is happening?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this.movePage(5,3)  moves the 6th page after the 4th page. Read the documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should read the documentation instead of guessing:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hasanb16808860​,

Are you still facing the issue after reading documentation ?

Thanks,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The answers are clear. Now I am looking for deleting pages listed in excel sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines