Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help: need to send only selected pages via email using java script

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

i need to send via email only selected pages of a 86 pages PDF form. How can I do it with Java?

I tried different approaches such as bulding a code for extracting and sending but I am able to exctract only a range of page and not selected pages.

I need to send page 0 and this.numpage in the form

thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easier way would be to delete the pages you don't want to submit, submit the file, and then close it without saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a code to do it since the form will be used by different people in my organization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A script has no way of knowing which pages you've selected, unless you select them by ticking a check-box that's on them, or entering the page numbers into an alert window, or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also need to know that everyone using this form must be using their own copy of Acrobat Pro.

Please don't say  "I need a code" - we might understand that as meaning you want us to do your work for you. Better to say "I need help to learn how to write code to...".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry you felt this way. It was definitely not my intention. I meant "in order to automatize the form I need a code".

I am not asking anzìyone to work for me. I only ask if someone with more experience has solution to this problem. But probably is not possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to better explain how you want it to work, and then we could let you know if it's possible or not. So far you haven't specified how the user is selecting the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try67 already provided the solution. Just delete the page not needed before the send. It's also possible to create a new document with the needed pages, using the "doc.insertPages()" function. So, what is needed now is a clear set of rules for selecting the pages.  In your first post you indicated that there would only be 2, the first page and the current page. Is this correct? If so then the solution is fairly simple.

Also, deleting, creating new documents, and inserting pages are all operations that cannot be done from Reader. As TestScreen said, the users will need Acrobat Pro or Standard.  The method I mentioned that creates a new document and inserts the needed pages will only work from a privileged context, so it can't be done from a button on a PDF. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for helping. I am using the below code :

var aEmailList = ["email address"];

for(var i=0,j=0; i<this.numPages; i+=4,j++) {

var oNewDoc = this.extractPages({nStart: i, nEnd: i + 3});

var cFlName = aEmailList.split("@").shift() + "_1040.pdf";

oNewDoc.mailDoc(false, aEmailList);

oNewDoc.closeDoc(true);}

it extract only the first 4 pages and then it creates the email with attached those 4 pages.

How can I only extract page 0 and this.numpage and send this 2?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extract all pages. Then use oNewDoc.deletePages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can I change the code and "Extract all pages. Then use oNewDoc.deletePages." ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pro tip: When deleting pages from a file in batch, do so from the last one to the first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Look up document.deletePages in the JavaScript API to discover how it is used.

2. Work out the deletePages line you need

3. Add the line after the extractPages line.

4. Test.

5. Observe error messages.

6. Fix and retry.

If you get stuck on step 2, please show us what you have.

If you get stuck on step 6, please tell us any error messages and show us what you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines