Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help regarding custom dialogs please...

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please can someone help me with this query.

Can app.browseForDoc() and a text input field be used together on the same custom dialog?

I can do each of the two as separate parts of a process, I just wondered if they could be combined.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You can use a dialog object with a button that calls browseForDoc and then write the result to a text field within that dialog, plus any additional fields you want it to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Try67,

Thanks for the help.

I was going to use the browseForDoc to give me a base path. The user will enter a number into the text field that is used in a process. So, the browseForDoc will be one part of the data entry and the textfield the other, both in the same dialog. Is that still posible?

Also, if it is possible I'm going to put all of this into a custom menu item. That being the case I presume I'll have to make the browseForDoc part a trusted function?

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct on both accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for the help and the confirmation.

Now to set off on my voyage of discovery.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you posted at Dec 28, 2021 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a bug in the forums system. We noticed it last year too around the end of the year, and reported it, and even described the exact cause and how it should be fixed, but it has not been fixed since then (surprise surprise)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines