Help spawning Template to the following page checkbox is located with visible/hidden properties.

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am working on a 5 page document that has a checkbox located on page 1 for supplemental information if needed.  When CB is selected, it makes template visible.  How do I add to the code to put it in the next page (page 2) of the document and not go to the end?  Below is the code that is currently in the checkbox.  I have searched multiple support threads and tried varies ways to add npage, but seem to be unsuccessful.  I am not a JS guru by all means.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

if(event.target.value!="Off")
{this.getTemplate("Extended").hidden=false;}
else
{this.getTemplate("Extended").hidden=true;}

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020
Use the method spawn.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the method spawn.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, figured it out!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me how you figured it out?  This is what I'm trying to do but the answer "use the method spawn" is not very helpful. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should start by learning a bit about writing code. 

www.pdfscripting.com

If you search this forum for the words template and spawn. You'll find many posts that provided example code.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines