• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with script for Pop-Up Message - Acrobat Form

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All - first post here on the Adobe forums, hopefully someone cleverer than I can help!

I’m designing a PDF form for electronic completion.

The client needs a pop up message to appear if particular choices are made from two drop-down menu fields, for arguments sake lets call them Field1 and Field2.

I‘ve nearly manged to get this working nicely using a run JAVA script action upon exit/blur from Field2, however I only know how to trigger the pop-up message based on the entry value of Field2 - see an example of the code I have running now below;

if (getField"Field2").value=="1")  app.alert({ cMsg: "Dialogue message here", cTitle: "Message Window Title Here", nIcon: 3,  nType: 0 });

However, I don’t know how to write the script to include the condition of Field1, effectively saying ‘if (getField"Field1").value=="1") AND if (getField"Field2").value=="1") THEN run the app alert’ - if that makes sense!

Is anyone able to help?

Many thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Use this:

if (this.getField("Field2").value=="1" && this.getField("Field1").value=="1")  ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly like that, only by using the correct AND logical operator, which in JS is "&&", so:

if (this.getField"Field2").value=="1" && this.getField"Field1").value=="1")  ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67 - thank you for your assistance. I'm an absolute novice when it comes to JS, but I did some research and did think '&&' must be part of the solution but couldn't get it to work!

Based on your advice, I've just tried the following:

if (this.getField"Field1").value=="1" && this.getField"Field2").value=="1") app.alert({cMsg: "Pop-up Message Here", cTitle: "Window Title Here", nIcon: 3, nType: 0});

However I cannot commit the script - I'm getting "SyntaxError: missing ) after condition 1: at line 2" - any  ideas?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use this:

if (this.getField("Field2").value=="1" && this.getField("Field1").value=="1")  ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bernd Alheit you are a hero - perfect.

Many thanks all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines