Help with simple "If Then"

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize in advance. I am sure this has been asked and answered here more than once already, however I am not getting anything when I search and I am sure that is due to my ignorance on the subject and not searching it the right way.

My question

I am building a form for a contract. In the Contract I have term limits, for example 3 years or 5 years. This term is referenced several times in the document in various ways. For example: 3 years, three (3) years, 36 months.

I want to be able to choose from a picklist either 3 or 5 and have it auto populate the other fields with their version required.

If 3 years is selected in field1, than for field2 = "three (3)", field3 = "36"

I hope I am asking this the right way.

I appreciate your help.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Thom Parker | Adobe Community Professional

Here is an article on exactly this topic.

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/change_another_field

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help with simple "If Then"

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize in advance. I am sure this has been asked and answered here more than once already, however I am not getting anything when I search and I am sure that is due to my ignorance on the subject and not searching it the right way.

My question

I am building a form for a contract. In the Contract I have term limits, for example 3 years or 5 years. This term is referenced several times in the document in various ways. For example: 3 years, three (3) years, 36 months.

I want to be able to choose from a picklist either 3 or 5 and have it auto populate the other fields with their version required.

If 3 years is selected in field1, than for field2 = "three (3)", field3 = "36"

I hope I am asking this the right way.

I appreciate your help.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Thom Parker | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 29, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to do this using custom JavaScript code. There is no easy pick an item. This means you need to provide field names and expected format for those fields. I would use the drop box's custom keystroke with the drop box "commit immediately" option selected. And then code to text the selected item and depending upon the value setting  each field as needed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2017 0