• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi all i have acrobat dc Version: 18.11.20036.265267. I have a QA pdf document that is used to sign off newly installed equipment. The multiple testing meter's ( make / model / serial ) numbers are captured in this document, but the calibration certificat

New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all i have acrobat dc Version: 18.11.20036.265267. I have a QA pdf document that is used to sign off newly installed equipment. The multiple testing meter's ( make / model / serial ) numbers are captured in this document, but the calibration certificates documents for the test meter has to be attached manually from another file. I would like to enter the meter serial number into a text field which migrates the correct calibration certificate into the QA document (the calibration certificate file name is the serial number). Is there a solution for this? thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be possible to select a document to attach based on information entered into one or more form fields. You'd have to use JavaScript, and the doc.importDataObject method would be at the core of the routine. More information on the doc.importDataObject can be found in the Acrobat JavaScript documentation and the following tutorial: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/importing-and-exporting-pdf-file-attachments-acrobat-javascript

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines