• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide entire sections of a form based on a condition

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am not new but this part I am not familiar with in Adobe Acrobat Pro. I have taken over these forms from someone else in our company. I warn this is probably a loaded question, any help would be appreciated!

We have a form that is broken up 5 sections similar to the section below:

Some History on the current form.  The Dropdown boxes (LA1, LA2, LA3, LA4, LA5, LA6) are all referenced to "SectionComplete" (which is defaulted to "NO") They must all be filled (Yes, No, N/A) for "SectionComplete" to change to "Yes". When "SectionComplete" for All 5 sections reads "Yes" there is a field near the top of the form that changes from "NO" to "YES" (default = "NO").

My question is this: I wanted to find out if it was possible to create a new Checkbox that would saying something along the lines of "Is this section Necessary", and if the box is checked, the section is hidden and the "SectionComplete" header is marked "Yes" as if all of the drop down boxes in the section had been completed (like it was overriding them, or checking the box did mark all of the dropdown boxes with a selection to force a "Yes" selection). The end result having the with the section looking like this below (plus the addition of new checkbox

Sample2.JPG

In the example below: Everything on the left under that entire first line starting with Loan Administration is Permanent written text. On the Right is obviously fillable text fields, then drop down boxes. The Dropdown boxes (LA1, LA2, LA3, LA4, LA5, LA6) are all referenced to "SectionComplete". They must all be filled

Sample1.JPG

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of dynamic layout is not really possible with Acrobat PDF forms. You can disable fields, and even hide static text (by putting a white field on top of it and making it visible), but you can't "collapse" entire sections of the page, at least not with a lot of effort in design and scripting. So you can hide things, but then there will just be empty white space in their place...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok... I have one more "possibly" simple question. The Username & Password Text Field are currently duplicated, the information is entered in this location, and duplicated to a form on the last page.

Sample1.JPG

Part 1 of this question, as previously mentioned, I copied the text fields from the top sections to the bottom page, which includes all properties, but my question is this: I want to make the bottom page text fields "Read only" and when information is entered above, just copy it down. As you notice, all of these text fields have "Default Value's" of 'enter Username & Password', but I don't want that in the bottom page, just want it to be blank.

Part 2 of this question, as with some of these text fields, they will need specific preceding text included. I've seen in some posts about adding preceding Zeros, but can't find any with Preceding text. How can I add preceding Text to be added once a name is username is entered? i.e. - they enter johnsmith in the "DocuSign Setup" line above. In the 'read only' section on the Username & Password page at the end, I want it to show "BankofAmerica\johnsmith"

My scripting currently for the text fields above are shown below for the Default Value's to disappear when the Text field is selected and deselected without entering content

Image1.JPG

Mouse Down Script

var f = this.getField("docusign"); //get the text field

if (f.value == f.defaultValue) f.value = ""; //if field value = the default, then clear it

On Blur Script

var f = this.getField("docusign"); //get the text field

if (f.value == "") f.value = f.defaultValue; //if field value = empty, then restore the default

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines