• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide/Show group of fields by radio

Participant ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I developed form in AEM Forms Designer with radio button that show/hide Flowed Subform. That give me to hide subform without blank space. Now I try to develope form in Acrobat DC and would like to do same in Acrobat. If that is possible. How to do that? I will appreciate for detail explanation.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the final format of these forms you've created with AEM? 

Pure PDF forms (AcroForms) don't allow for flowing, or moving and resizing form content, cause PDF is a lot like paper. Looks good, but not as interactive as HTML. 

That said, you can show and hide content, perform calculations and do all kinds of fancy stuff with form data. and there are ways to move and resize some things. PDF forms are also self contained, so they transport well and work offline.

You can find out more by watching these videos:

Free Video Content & Full Listing of Available Videos

On the other hand, there are LiveCycle PDF forms which flow a lot like HTML. To create this kind of form you need to purchase LiveCycle Designer from Adobe.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thom. Thanks for replay.

Like I know Adobe very soon stop support LiveCycle application and they substitute it by AEM Forms Designer.

But my question was how to show/hide group of fields and they labels in Acrobat DC by click radio button?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to perform a lot of custom JavaScript programming and redesign of the form so all content and form field labels are form fields. You can then show or hide the various form fields as needed and move all the other form fields using JavaScript. A full answer using this approach is beyond the purpose of this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This question has been asked many times. Here are the results of a quick search

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=show%20radio

Several of these contain a link to an article on this exact topic. The article comes with a sample file.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines