Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlighting the text it only outlines

Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When highlighting the text it only outlines. I need it to fill in. Any idea how to fix?

Please help.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Hi

Assuming you have Adobe Acrobat DC installed on your machine, you might try the following steps:

1- Check if there is an update available for Acrobat, launch Acrobat>navigate to Help menu>then select Check for updates.

2- If that doesn't work, try to restore preferences for Acrobat DC.

Close Acrobat DC.

(ii) Go to C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\version.

(iii) Move the entire folder(version number) to some other location like temp folder.

To view temp folder, press and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2016 Oct 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi danielg96403761

You might try the steps given in the following link:

Highlight tool only outlines text, how do I fill the highlight

Could you please let me know if this happens with a single pdf or with other pdfs as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was occuring with multiple pdfs as well. I tried many different things to try and resolve. The other forum posted above did not contain the solution. I went to advanced --> accessibility --> setup assistant and simply reset to the recommended setup. From there I believe was the solution to resolving my issue and restoring the correct highlighting feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Assuming you have Adobe Acrobat DC installed on your machine, you might try the following steps:

1- Check if there is an update available for Acrobat, launch Acrobat>navigate to Help menu>then select Check for updates.

2- If that doesn't work, try to restore preferences for Acrobat DC.

Close Acrobat DC.

(ii) Go to C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\version.

(iii) Move the entire folder(version number) to some other location like temp folder.

To view temp folder, press and hold Windows key and press R on your keyboard, type temp in the run dialogue box then press enter.

If App data folder is not visible under your user name, launch Windows Explorer then click Organize in the top left corner of the screen>then click Folder and search option>under View>Hidden files and folders,click Show hidden files, folders and drives>then click Apply and OK (for Windows 7)

(iv) Restart Acrobat again and check if its working fine.

3- If that doesn't work, try to repair Acrobat, under Help menu>select Repair Installation.

4- If step 3 doesn't work, try to run Acrobat under Admin account.

Visit this link on how to enable admin account in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/555910

For Mac, visit this link: Enabling and using the "root" user in OS X - Apple Support 

5- If that doesn't work, try removing Acrobat using Cleaner tool (for Windows) from here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs, restart the computer, and reinstall Acrobat from here: Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, XI, or X

Could you please let me know the version of Acrobat installed on the machine?

To check the version of Acrobat, launch Acrobat>navigate to Help menu>select About Adobe Acrobat

Which operating system is installed on the machine- Windows/Mac?

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shivam,

This just happened to me this morning, and step #2 did the trick. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines