• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I convert the content on the web to pdf?

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I convert the content on the web to pdf?

Can you explain in detail how to do it step by step?

Thank you so much.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adam,

You do not say if you own an Acrobat product but don't let that stop you. But if you did you'd be getting better results in some ways. Also, I'm going to presenting this from the Mac standpoint, I'm sure there are PC compatable ways as well.

To start, with a web page open, press Command-p to print. in the window that opens up on the Mac, the bottom right of the Print window will show PDF. If you click on that dropdown menu, you'll see a "Print as PDF" Select that, determine where you want the result and your done. However the quality of that PDF is poor from a variety of ways. One of the bigger problems is that this is a flattened PDF with none of the depth and layers that a properly made PDF has. If you chose to do anything to the PDF other than look at it, this may not mean anything but if you wish to do any editing, it will.

If you own Acrobat, and look further down the dropdown menu, you'll see Save as Adobe PDF. If you select that you'll have a much better PDF.

Depending on the website, if you click in the URL bar and right click there's an option called Settings for this website and one of the option Reader for this website. This will get rid of the adds but it probably will get rid of almost all of the photos. So use this before Printing to PDF at your own risk.

Lastly, find the website "Print Friendly." From there you can get a plugin for your browser that gives you wonderful control of the content that you'll be included in your PDF both for printing and for creating a PDF. However, this also will provide a flat PDF as the first option.

And lastly lastly, if you do have the Acrobat program (not reader), you can select from the File menu "Create ->from a web page." There you can enter the URL and process it from there. 

ANY PDF created using Acrobat will be a full layered PDF with all the benefits that that intails. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines