How can I format a field to select from dropdown choices selected other fields?

Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with an Adobe form, and need to format a field to select a value from one of three other fields.  The other three fields have dropdown lists from which to populate the individual fields, and I need to be able to select one of these three values to appear in the fourth field.  Data in these fields are not based on calculations, but on personal choice selections from lists of options.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I format a field to select from dropdown choices selected other fields?

Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with an Adobe form, and need to format a field to select a value from one of three other fields.  The other three fields have dropdown lists from which to populate the individual fields, and I need to be able to select one of these three values to appear in the fourth field.  Data in these fields are not based on calculations, but on personal choice selections from lists of options.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 28, 2017 0
Guide ,
Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to use a JavaScript for that.

First write out in long hand what it is that sets the criteria for the value that is displayed in the field that needs to show info from one of the three other fields.

E.g.

If FieldA is X, and FieldB is NOT Y, and Field C is NOT Z, then show value.FieldA in FieldQ
etc.

Based on that write a JavaScript that populates the value for FieldQ.

// Note: I'll move this post to the JavaScripting sub forum for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2017 0