• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I save a open stream as PDF automatically

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Adobe Reader (XI, DC, 2017, 2018) and programmed a third party plugin for it. Now I'd like to convert the open stream, that is appeared in the pdf viewer activex control of the used internet explorer.

I experienced with AVDoc, PDDoc and ASFile, but nothing works.  Does anyone have a solution for me?

Is it even possible with Reader?

Greets,

Alex

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your plugin is set to be loaded in an external application, then your plugin will be loaded and you have the same access that you do for PDFs loaded directly in Reader. The only difference is that there is no ASFile behind it – instead an alternate ASFileSys is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

I'm not an expert.

I will explain my situation in detail.

Programming language: C++

There is a AVDoc that will converted to PDDoc and then to ASFile to get the URL of the opened document. That works fine.

Now there is the possibility to convert it to PS with an AVDocPrintParamsRec. That also works.

But now  I would like to convert the open stream or the existing PDDoc, AVDoc, ASFile object to a PDF, if it is possible. PDDocSave doesn't work as it seems.

General: Is this possible with using of Adobe Reader product or only with Acrobat?

Is the using of ASFileSys purposeful for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PDDocSave is the API for saving an open PDF. There are certainly limitations on its use in Reader, but I haven't seen it documented. The ASFile could be saved of course, by simply opening an ASStm to read it and store it; this will not include any changes. But if you know what the file is why do you even need to use the API?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines