• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I stop the License Activation window from continually popping up in Acrobat Pro DC?

New Here ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The locally installed program ran fine for several months (Windows 7).  The problem started today for no apparent reason.  Shortly after opening the program, the license activation window pops up. I click on Accept.  The file that I am try to work on closes and the cycle repeats,  Uninstalling and reinstalling the program had no effect.  What do I do to fix this?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Please share the snapshot of the license activation window that pop ups every time and following log files present in "%temp%" folder on your machine

oobelib.log

amt3.log

pdapp.log

Regards

Ravinder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think my question is similar - about the Acrobat DC popup - but apologies if I should be posting it under a separate heading:

I'm using Acrobat XI Pro, installed from a disk. Every time I open it, I get a popup thanking me for trying Acrobat XI and telling me to buy Acrobat DC. The choice for Acrobat DC is "Buy Now" but at the bottom of this popup are choices to "License This Software" or "Continue Trial."

Does "License This Software" refer to Acrobat XI Pro and do I just have to enter the serial number from the disk packaging to get this popup to stop appearing? This is the popup:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi linda8496​,

Sorry for the issue which you are facing. To fix this issue, please click on "License this software" and enter the serial number which you have. This should fix the issue.

Just in case you see same pop up again after entering the serial number(which most probably you should not), please download the latest version of Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager : Thank You and install it on your machine. We have fix a similar issue in the latest update of Adobe Application manager.

Please let me know if the issue is still reproducible after trying these steps.

Thanks

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for responding to my question. I tried licensing the software by entering my serial number, but I got a message that the serial number was invalid. It came from the back of the Acrobat XI Pro DVD box. Now that popup keeps coming up and I can't even click on "Continue trial," so now I'm unable to open the program at all. I believe I (actually a tech support person) actually installed the program from your website and my serial number worked fine then.

I just updated Adobe Application Manager from your link, but I'm still getting a message that the serial number is invalid - and I can't open the program at all. Please advise. I need to be able to use this program for my work.

Thank you,

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi linda8496​, Can you please share the screenshot of the popup and mail me following files from  %tmp% folder of your machine:

oobelib.log

amt3.log

pdapp.log

Thanks

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rahul,

This place where I bought Acrobat XI Pro told me to uninstall and reinstall the program. So, I did that, uninstalling the program and then reinstalling it from the disk and it accepted my serial number. Now the only problem is that there was an update available and when I attempted to install it, it failed. The recommended solution on the Adobe website is to uninstall and reinstall the program - but I had just done that and the update failed to install. Do you think I should uninstall and reinstall again?

Thanks,

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same proplem.I registred free trayal. License activation pop ups every time when I start program.I'm with Adobe Acrobat X Pro.How to fix it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi veselin86313008

Do you have a serial key for Acrobat X if yes then please enter the serial key in the pop up shown. The issue you mentioned is the expected behavior if you running Acrobat on trial period.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue and ADOBE customer support is the worst...if you are a CLOUD person they can help but if you bought the software (pre-CLOUD years)...ADOBE is not interested in helping the customers who made them who they are today...very disappointed in Adobe...and I'm a 25+ year customer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines