• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the Text Selection colour when editing a pdf?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was fussing around with the preferences in Adobe Acrobat Pro XI (Mac version) and turned off the selected text colour when selecting text. I don't know what preference I changed and cannot seem to find it again to restore the text selection colour. Usually, in Adobe Acrobat Pro XI, when selecting text (note: NOT the text highlighting feature), AAP XI has a colour to show the selected text.  What preference restores the selected text colour when using the I-beam selection tool shown to the left of the hand tool?

Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 1.54.46 PM.png

Now, it simply screens the selected text, as shown in the figure below.

Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 1.54.33 PM.png

Again, please, note that I am NOT referring to the Highlighting tool shown 3rd from the left in the image below.

Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 1.52.34 PM.png

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

My guess is it's something under Edit - Preferences - Accessibility, possibly the "High contrast colors" option, or "Always use the system selection color".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Launch the PDF>Select Edit PDF>select the text whose color you want to change>Once selected ,you would get the following option to change the color of the text.

text box 1.JPG

The highlighted option would let you change the color of the highlighted text.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your effort is appreciated, but OP (and I) are addressing a different problem. It is NOT highlighting. It is NOT changing the color of text in a document.

We are referring to the color of the text that indicates the text selected by a user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is it's something under Edit - Preferences - Accessibility, possibly the "High contrast colors" option, or "Always use the system selection color".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is not solved adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On macOS, it is Acrobat Reader > Preferences > Accessibility: Uncheck "Always use the system selection color"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To clarify, phtnguyen's solution to Uncheck "Always use the system selection color" works in Adobe Acrobat, also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works in Adobe Acrobat, also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines