• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I combine comments in Acrobat Pro DC?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the older Acrobat Pro I could just select combine comments, in the new version I can't find that option. Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

You can export them to data files from the source files and then import them into the target file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export them to data files from the source files and then import them into the target file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your reply, I finally figured out how to do it. It is very frustrating that Adobe took a tool that was once very easy to use (and a 1 step process) and tuned it into a 2 step process therefore doubling the amount of work I need to do. I have 9000 pages that I received from a client. I have 2 different editors reviewing each page at the same time (they each have their own copy of the file). Once they are submitted back to me I need to combine the comments for each page. It was already going to be an arduous task, now it just got doubly arduous.

If you know of a simpler way to do this, I would be grateful to hear it.

My process is, I receive single page PDFs (approx 300 at a time) from my client. We have two different editorial tasks to do. I post the all of the PDF to an FTP site for one editor to do their job and another FTP site for the other editor to do their task. They both then post the files back to me, and I am to combine the comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should look into using Shared Reviews instead of that workflow...

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 4:15 PM, usabarbara <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will have to get my manual out a read up on that. Having used to other workflow for so many years, I was unaware that there was a new workflow out there. I appreciate your very quick replies and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just read up on it. It seems like I have two options: The first is a collaborated review where the editors can see each others comments, and respond to them, and they will all be collected on a common server that everyone has access to. I can't use this because the editorial reviews must be conducted separately and there is no common server for our freelance editors. The second option looks to be an email distribution which I can't use because I would be emailing 9000 PDFs. I think I may have to go with my original plan and take the extra step of exporting comments from one file and then importing it into another file. (or go back to my other computer and my last version of Acrobat Pro).

Thanks again for you help and suggestions.

Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a really old question, but I had it as well, and then found a better answer. In my Acrobat DC, you can just import the pdfs - in the Comments bar, select Import Data File, and pick the pdfs you want to pull the comments from. No need to export them as data files first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines